Please see our chapter events and From The Chairs posts for latest chapter-level campaign information.
Please consult the PSC site for ongoing CUNY-wide actions, especially Fight for Full State Funding of CUNY and Save Lives, Save Jobs, Save CUNY!
Fight for Full State Funding of CUNY
ACTIONS | RESOURCES | TIMELINE
Investments in the CUNY will strengthen our economy and increase economic mobility for low income New Yorkers and people of color while targeting investment to the communities most harmed by COVID. But CUNY is being eviscerated when New York needs it most. The PSC urges the Legislature to raise taxes on the ultra-rich, to restore CUNY funding that would be cut in the Executive Budget and to support the first year of the New Deal for CUNY.
Join the public struggle against deep cuts to CUNY and for full funding of the University.
UNION-WIDE ACTIONS (see also our events list)
- Wednesday, June 10, 10 AM, on Zoom and by phone: NYC Council Hearing on the Impact of Coronavirus on CUNY, Watch video.
- Wednesday, June 10, 6 PM, on Zoom and Facebook Live: Public Education Under Attack, Labor-Religion Coalition, Watch video.
- Thursday, June 11, 10 AM on Zoom: Fighting for CUNY/Rebuilding NYC, School Of Labor and Urban Studies, Watch video.
- Friday, June 12, 12 PM on Zoom: #FightBackFriday Press Conference With Legislators, Watch video.
- Tuesday, June 23: union-wide action to stop layoffs
- Saturday, July 18: car caravan or other physically distant protest action
- Wednesday, August 26: mass action on the first day of the semester.
Send a letter to tell the CUNY Board of Trustees and Chancellor Matos Rodríguez: No Cuts! No Layoffs!
Sign the petition: CUNY RISING ALLIANCE call for NYS legislative leadership to fully invest in CUNY Now!
Sign and send the letter to Governor Cuomo from CUNY Faculty urging the Governor to commit funds to protect all jobs at CUNY and make other badly needed investments.
Sign and send a letter to Governor Cuomo from Young Invincibles demanding no cuts to Higher Education!